Monday, October 29, 2007

Botany


Today we completed lesson 2 in Apologia's Botany Book. I am very impressed with this curriculum. We are currently using it in a Co-Op atmosphere, and it's working well, but, I would almost prefer to go at it on our own. The level of detail is great. It really allows for different grades and interest level. My K-1st grader, Noah, does a large amount of observing, not always completing the notebooking assignments, but he enjoys the projects and definately has a hands on approach. My older child, Sarah, amazes me with the amount of detail she retains. This book provides enough for her to get a good solid foundation on the subject, but keeps it simple enough so Noah doesn't get overwhelmed. Plus, I don't have to use separate texts for each of them.

No comments: