Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Here are some links worth reading . . .

Some Christians shy away from any and all reading of anything they feel may challenge their beliefs. (Some don't even read the whole Bible, go figure) I agree when it comes to reading for fun or for reading many fiction stories, The Harry Potter Series, for example, but when it comes to being able to defend your faith, I feel you need to be able to educate yourself enough to be able to discern right from wrong, especially when it comes to media

I challenge anyone to read up on this recent and most relevant challenge of Christianity so you yourself will be able to discern and more importantly to teach your children to learn how to discern right from wrong and to be able to research and read original source materials.

I would have to say homeschooling my children has re-ignited my desire to further my education. I appreciate many subjects so much more. History has become my absolute favourite subject. I never understood the importance of it before, but, I guess that was because I was being taught history out of chronological order. When you look at history from a chronological, biblical perspective, things make so much more sense. American textbooks will be the eventual downfall of public education. I see no reason to teach children out of predigested regurgitated tolerant safe information that is so publicly and politically correct that it resembles no actual truth. The only way a person will ever even think they may be close to knowing the truth is to actually be at the event. When of course this is not possible, then one needs to be able to find original source documents and be diligent enough to research and study for themselves. If people continually only listen to their local news, attend school, and take for granted that everyone out there has only the best of intentions and wants to do only what's good for them, they are sadly mistaken. There is an agenda out there be it left or right, it is out there. The best for anyone to do is to evaluate every piece of information that is presented to them, whether it be audio, text, Internet, TV, movie, sermon. You cannot take anyone at face value. Check and recheck, do your own research to determine if it is accurate and if it is Biblical. If not dismiss it and go on.

With that being said, here are some interesting links I have found (that have questionable, I'm sure) information about some of these topics. Of course read them with a discerning attitude. (I thought everyone did) And if you feel you shouldn't read material that may question your beliefs, well, that's topic for another day.


Conspiracy Theories
Priory of Sion
Mystery Religions
Gnostic's
Casting Doubt
The Truth
Mary Magdalene (interesting)
Christian Myths
Fear Not Da Vinci
Christian Logic
Proof by lack of evidence
Importance of Clarity
Random thoughts on the Da Vinci Code

I haven't read so many other links - take all these (except the good ones) with a grain of salt.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

No comments: