Thursday, October 11, 2007

On the school front . . .

Today we are going to wrap up lesson 11 in the Mystery of History Vol 1, and move on to the Minoan Civilization. We study history together as a family at breakfast/lunch and dinner. We have a timeline that runs the length of our dining room wall, and we add events and famous people as we go.
Jacob has some more pond water to look at under the microscope in biology. Two lab reports due, and a test to take.
Sarah has to decide on the seeds she wants to plant for Botany. We need to set up her light hut and get those planted today.
They all have math to do. And Critical thinking skills. I love those books.
Caleb is reviewing his letters on the refrigerator, he's always the first one up in the morning.
Noah has made great progress in math. He is a natural with numbers. For reading, he is working with the an, it, ag, and at families. He has finished all of the first color of level 1 Bob Books.
Sarah has a soccer game today at 5:30pm and we have co-op tomorrow.
And somewhere in this day I plan to get the laundry done and take 30 mins for myself to go get a manicure. A totally unnecessary thing for me to do, but, that is the one treat I allow for myself. I don't drink pop, smoke, drink or do drugs, I have limited myself to only two TV shows; Grey's Anatomy and The Unit. I deserve a manicure every two weeks or so. My blog time doesn't count, because I can do that while I cook, clean, feed and give out/grade assignments. Multi-tasking!

No comments: